Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Beauties!

It's no secret that I have the best boyfriend in the world! He had a day off yesterday and when I returned from work he'd bought two gorgeous pizzas for dinner and a little later on presented me with a beautiful pair of earrings from the Laing Art Gallery in Newcastle! I'm so lucky! They're by Allison Wiffen and they're made from ceramic white clay overlayed with a printed photo of one of my favourite buildings, the Baltic Flour Mill in Gateshead. They're divine!



I thought I'd share two of my other faves, the first is my birthday handbag bought in March by aforementioned lovely man, I love structured doctor's bags and fell in love with it when I saw it in a little boutique in Tynemouth, especially the punchwork!



The second is Herbert Spencer (I did a politics degree hence his name!) the Steiff bear my parents gave me for my 21st birthday five years ago. He lives under a glass cloche bell jar that my parents carefully carried back from an antiques fair in Holland in the hope he would fit, and he does! He's ever so solemn but I kind of like that!









2 comments:

  1. Can he breathe in there ? just a thought :)

    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love cloches, your gorgeous bear looks so sweet in there! What a fab boyfriend, those earrings and bag are lovely.

    Sorry I've not sent the giveaway stuff yet, still trying to track down a big box but I will let you know when it's on its way :-S

    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete