Sunday, 13 June 2010

Crafty Sunday, and new spring shoes

I've spent this weekend making a little gift for my sis's birthday, she asked for vouchers but I hate to give them without a little something, hence this little bird in the style of the lavender birds in CK's Sew! book. I think the scrap of fabric is an Amy Butler offcut, but could be wrong, the wings are felt and the beads were picked up in John Lewis recently, a huge pot of pink, gold and plum waiting for the right jewellery project.



New shoes are very exciting in this house because I have big feet and find shoe shopping a trauma at the best of times! I'm overjoyed that New Look now sell size 9 shoes and so when I saw these beauties in my size I had to have them! They fit like a glove and I love the range of flowers and vibrant colours, no more clumpy trainers for me! They're probably the prettiest shoes I've ever had, these and a new haircut have really boosted my mood this weekend! I'm back to a short blonde crop again which is lovely and light, and now I have a spring in my step too!


3 comments:

  1. New shoes, had some myself today! It always feels good and I bet even better for you. My friends takes 9's, shes 6'1" so finds shoes, trousers, hard work buying for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice shoes
    I haven't made anything out of my book yet must try harder.

    cate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. The shoes are so sweet, How wonderful to find some comfy ones in your size.

    ReplyDelete