When I was planning my own wedding I often turned to Rock n Roll Bride for inspiration; the Mr and I were the first of our friends to wed, so I needed some advice on style and planning. Fast forward two years and now we're always being invited to weddings! I think it can be hard to perfect the 'guest' look, you want to look and feel good, don't to clash with the bridesmaids and want to avoid spending heaps on new outfits.
I took up the Rock n Roll bride Simply Be challenge to come up with a £500 wishlist to see if I could find that perfect guest look; taking inspiration from the blog itself, my ultimate rock n roll bride crush Kate Moss, and looking for investment pieces that could be worn time and again to weddings, parties and nights out, so, here's the rundown:
1) Gold peplum illusion dress, yes, illusion, how fantastic does that sound! I chose this because whatever the colour scheme and theme this won't clash but will compliment well, the curvy shape it gives, whilst smoothing suits all figures and shapes and the gold looks really luxe!
2) Totally rock n roll undies, just because if you feel good you look good, by Seven Til Midnight!
3) Sequin jacket, a bit of sparkle always looks great, totally timeless and you look like you've spent a fortune, at just £55!
4) Every girl needs a statement cocktail ring, paint those nails and enjoy the admiring glances from other guests!
5) This Marta clutch is a real investment piece too, leopard print goes with anything, looks expensive if done right and is just always on trend! This is large enough to tote makup for those retouches, my top tip, bring your mascara and eyelash glue with you to keep those peepers looking fresh!
6) A fabulous fur coat, how many weddings have you been to where the guests spill out onto verrandahs and marquees for afterdark drinks? You need a fab cover up to look good and keep warm, great for snuggling down when tipsy in the taxi on the way home!
7) Finally, I have a LOT of shoes, I like to get something new for parties, but with these fab Blingback shoe clips you can keep wearing your old faithfuls blinging them up to make them look totally different, these rock, I reckon plain bridal shoes could be prettied up a treat with these too, and they're budget friendly to boot!
So, that lovely little haul comes in at £497.77, is timeless and includes statement pieces that could be rocked over and again! Make like Kate, go for big bold hair, vintage styling and dark dark eyemakeup and the other guests won't be able to take their eyes off you!